- What is polymorphic light eruption (PLE)?by Ellen AllenWhat is polymorphic light eruption PLE? As promised a few weeks ago, polymorphic light eruption presents as a very extreme form of heat rash or prickly heat. It is where the UV rays from the sun cause an allergic response within your skin related to your immune system. It often starts as the sun starts… Read more: What is polymorphic light eruption (PLE)?
- What is prickly heat?by Ellen AllenWhat is prickly heat you may ask. Quite simply – prickly heat is an allergic reaction to the heat. Biologically, when you sweat as the temperature soars, your sweat glands become blocked. Sweat is unable to escape the body and leaks into the skin causing redness, soreness, a pin prick sensation and very often a… Read more: What is prickly heat?
- What’s the deal with antioxidants?by Ellen AllenWhat are antioxidants? Antioxidants this antioxidants that – something I hear all the time when I have a second to take note of the 100s of skincare adverts we are see. But what are they, why should we care about them and where will we find them in our skincare products? Here’s the tea –… Read more: What’s the deal with antioxidants?
- Vitamin C – and I’m not just talking orangesby Ellen AllenVitamin C is one of the best ingredients that you can include in your skincare routine to help brighten your skin (think dark circles be gone) even out skin tone (sun spots – banished) and protect your skin from day to day damage. What is Vitamin C It s a powerful anti-oxidant, which, when used… Read more: Vitamin C – and I’m not just talking oranges
- That filter life – it’s not your fault!by Ellen AllenThat filter life – it’s not your fault! Let’s choose TO NOT go along with that narrative – because you know what – flawless skin DOES NOT exist. Does flawless skin exist? Well frankly – the answer is no – our rational minds do, our heads do – but we are BOMBARDED on the daily… Read more: That filter life – it’s not your fault!
- Best oils for skin!by Ellen AllenWhat are the best oils for your skin and keeping your pores clear? Words you might hear but not sure what they mean – comedogenic and noncomedogenic products, oils or ingredients. Put simply these are skincare ingredients, or properties of an ingredient that block the pores (comedogenic) or those that do not block the pores… Read more: Best oils for skin!